We invite you to stay up to date with the ever-changing world of dentistry at our state-of-the-art continuing education facility in downtown Boston. Register today for the next dental education course that will elevate your practice or career.
*New* Prosthodontics Series
The integration of contemporary digital workflows can be revolutionary in a dental practice by providing much needed support, organization, and insight. But in the busy dental world, many times these digital workflows--meant to assist and make our lives better--cause us confusion. It is not uncommon to hear questions like:
"Which scanner? Which software? Which material? And how do I do it?"
To help our colleagues in answering such questions, and ease the integration of contemporary treatment planning concepts and digital workflows into their offices, we are pleased to invite you to our 2022 Prosthodontics Course Series.
This exciting series is a unique, in-person continuing education program designed to empower and inspire confidence in various topics related to contemporary treatment planning, digital prosthodontics, and implant dentistry. Whether you sign up for an individual course or for the whole series, all courses start with incorporating fundamentals, then dive into research, evidence, and proven clinical techniques to support our participants in building digitally-driven workflows to yield better outcomes in their practice.
A 20% discount is available for attending the entire program and a 10% discount is available for ITI fellows, TUSDM Alumni, TUSDM faculty, RDH, and Dental assistants/ technicians.
We hope to see you on campus!
- Treatment Planning: The Updated Protocols -- Friday, February 4, 2022
- Clinical Photography -- Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Digital Smile Makeover: Principles and Workflow -- Friday-Saturday, March 18-19, 2022
- Digital Workflow for the Partially Edentulous Patient: The Clinical Guide -- Module 1: Friday-Saturday, March 25-26, 2022 and Module 2: Friday-Saturday, April 1-2, 2022
- Digital Workflow for the Edentulous Patient: The Clinical Guide -- Module 1: Friday-Saturday, May 13-14, 2022 and Module 2: Friday-Saturday, May 20-21, 2022
- Material Selection in Modern Day Prosthodontics and Lab Tips for a Busy Clinician -- Friday-Saturday, June 24-25, 2022
- Making Invisible Anterior Restorations -- Friday-Saturday, July 15-16, 2022
Tufts Dental Mini-Residency Programs
Tufts Dental Continuing Education Office is proud to announce our upcoming Mini-Residency Programs:
- Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency 2021-2022 -- REGISTRATION OPEN
- Pediatric Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency 2021-2022 -- REGISTRATION OPEN
- TMD & Orofacial Pain Mini-Residency 2021-2022 -- REGISTRATION OPEN
- Dental Education Learning and Teaching Academy (DELTA) Mini-Residency Program -- December 2021 - May 2022 --REGISTRATION COMING FALL 2021
Currently enrolled programs:
- Pediatric Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency 2020-2021
- Dental Education Learning and Teaching Academy (DELTA) Mini-Residency Program -- June - November 2021 -- Registration closed, next cohort Dec. 2021-May 2022
Interprofessional Pain and Headache Rounds
The Interprofessional Pain and Headache Rounds is a free year-long lecture series focusing on facial pain and headaches, for a wide variety of professionals. Lectures are Wednesday mornings from 8am-9am (1 CE hour), presented by the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Craniofacial Pain Center in collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. CE credit is jointly provided by Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and Tufts Univeristy School of Medicine Office of Continuing Education.
Preregistration is required for each session to gain access to the zoom webinar link unique to each week; please click on the links below to register and please be sure to check your confirmation email for the secondary Zoom registration link as well.
- 9/22/21 - "The First Facial Pain Patient Admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital, February 1823 and First Case Studies" with David A. Keith, BDS, FDSRCS, DMD, Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- 9/29/21 - "A Roundtable Discussion on Interprofessional Care: Barriers and Opportunities" with Donavon Khosrow K. Aroni, DMD, MS; Ronald J. Kulich, PhD; Noshir R. Mehta, BDS, MDS, DMD, MS; and Egilius L.H. Spierings, MD, PhD
- Sub-Series Focusing on the Assessment and Management of Trigeminal Neuralgia and Related Conditions
- 10/6/21 – “Trigeminal Neuralgia and Neurovascular Compression: Are They Related?” with Steven Scrivani, D.D.S., D.Med.Sc., Professor (retired), Tufts School of Dental Medicine
- 10/13/21 – “Interdisciplinary Management: The Complex Trigeminal Neuralgia Case” with Jennifer Cheng, CNP, Clinical Program Lead, Multidisciplinary Facial Pain Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Roxanne Bavarian, DMD, DMSc, Diplomate, American Board of Oral Medicine, Orofacial Pain Resident, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- 10/20/21 - "Pharmacotherapy Approaches to the Management of Trigeminal Neuralgia" with Hsinlin Thomas Cheng MD, PhD, FANA, Director, Headache and Neuropathic Pain Unit, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- 10/27/21 - "Surgical Approaches: Trigeminal Neuralgia" with Jeffrey Schweitzer, MD, PhD, Program Committee Member, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery Harvard Medical School, George A. Lopez Endowed Chair in Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 11/3/21 - "Biopsychosocial Assessment of Acute and Chronic Pain" with Paul Arnstein RN, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Pain Relief & Connell Scholar, The Office of Quality, Safety and Practice, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 11/10/21 - "Interventional Approaches for the Head and Neck" with Maximilian Hsia-Kiung, MD, Instructor, Harvard Medical School, Medical Director, Center for Pain Management
- 11/17/21 - "An Improved Animal Model of Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain" with Shiqian Shen, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Anaesthesia, Clinical Director, Tele Pain Program, MGH
- 12/1/21 - "Heal Me: A Conversation with Julia Buckley" with Julia Buckley and Dr. David Keith
- 12/8/21 - "Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Comorbidities" with Masoud Kamali, MD, Associate Medical Director, Dauten Family Center for Bipolar Treatment Innovation, Massachusetts General Hospital, Instructor, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- 12/15/21 - "The Elderly and Pain: Alternatives in Management of Neuropathic Pain" with Gary Polykoff, MD, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, MGH Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
- Holiday Break (no sessions): 12/22 and 12/29
Case Studies in Orofacial Pain and Headache Series
Join us for an ongoing series of continuing education on orofacial pain, headache, and related pain topics focusing on case studies. It will consist of a half-day program (4 hours), four times a year in collaboration with Tufts University, Massachusetts General Hospital and Rutgers University orofacial pain programs. Each case presentation will be presented by a Post-Graduate Resident, overseen by a faculty member, from the respective training programs. Esteemed guest discussants will be invited to participate based on the topics of the presentations.
- 10/16/21 - "Temporomandibular Disorders" -- REGISTER HERE
- 1/22/22 - "Headache Disorders and Orofacial Pain Resembling Headache Disorders"
- 4/23/22 - "Pathology/Red Flags"
- 7/16/22 - "Idiopathic Neuropathic Pain Disorders"
- 10/15/22 - "Dental and Oral Pain Disorders"
- 1/21/23 - "Psychological Issues"
- 4/22/23 - "Trigeminal Neuralgia and Orofacial Pain Due to Disease of Cranial Nerves" (
Controlled Risk Mitigation Education Modules
The following free, self-study sessions focus on Controlled Substance Risk Mititgation in the dental practice. Each session is eligible for .75 CE hours and are part of a research study conducted by Prinicle Investigator Dr. Ronald Kulich. The aim of this study is to deliver the first controlled substance risk mitigation training modules to Massachusetts practicing dentists, dental hygienists, and oral surgeons. Outcomes will address knowledge, attitudes, as well as self-report of behavior change within clinical practice. This information will help us encourage dental clinicians and dental hygienists to apply comprehensive and consistent risk mitigation steps into routine practice.
- 'An Introduction to Controlled Substance Risk Mitigation' with Dr. Kulich
- 'Interviewing the Patient: Strategies to Identify Substance use Disorders, including Opioid Misuse & Abuse' with Dr. Schatman
- 'Screening Strategies to Identify Substance Use Disorders, Including Opioid Misuse and Abuse' with Dr. Keith
- 'Managing Acute Dental Pain: Principles for Rational Prescribing & Alternatives to Opioid Therapy' with Dr. Malacarne
- 'Medical and Psychiatric Conditions Associated with Increased Substance Use Risk' with Dr. Kulich
- ‘Assessment and Management of the High-Risk Dental Patient With Active Substance Use Disorder’ with Dr. Kulich, Mr. Fortino, Dr. Marefat, and Dr. Keith
- 'Using Brief Motivational Intervention Strategies for Management of the Complex Dental Patient’ with Dr. Schatman
- 'Special High-Risk Populations in Dentistry:The Adolescent Patient,Elderly Patient,& the Woman of Childbearing Age' with Dr. Magee
- ‘Interprofessional Collaboration in the Assessment and Management of Substance Use Risk' with Dr. Kulich
- 'Opioid Prescribing in Dental Practice: Managing Liability Risks' with Dr. Keith
Conference Services and Room Rentals
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine offers a state-of-the art and professional setting for your business meetings, seminars, conferences and product demonstrations. We offer a unique, multi-purpose venue with beautiful views of the city, and a convenient location in downtown Boston.
- Convenient location
- Competitive rates
- On-site meeting and event support
- State-of-the-art audio visual equipment
- Various-sized conference rooms accommodating 10-90 guests
- Catering to the needs of groups both large and small
- Ample parking and close proximately to public transportation, local area hotels, and restaurants
Combining superior customer services, advanced technology, and on-premise catering, we promise to make your event an enjoyable experience for you and your participants! Contact us at (617) 636-6629 or email email@example.com to begin planning your next event now!