Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) Clinic is accepting new patients.
At the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) Clinic your care is provided by dental students or highly skilled residents under supervision by our faculty specialists, who are all leaders in the dental field. Your participation in this invaluable learning process allows us to train the next generation of oral health practitioners while offering you top notch oral health services at lower rates than private practices. While these visits typically take more time, you gain more sets of eyes and highly skilled expertise focused on your care.
Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic Services:
- Tooth extractions
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Implant surgery
- Soft tissue and bone biopsies
- Treatment of pathology of the jaws and oral cavity
- Treatment of trauma to the teeth and jaws
- Temporomandibular joint and muscle disorders (TMJ)
- Outpatient general anesthesia and IV Sedation
To make an appointment in our Teaching Clinic, please call 617-636-6516. All new patients require an initial consultation and X-rays may be needed.
OMFS procedures may be billed through dental and/or medical insurance. When you call to make your first appointment, please be ready to verify your insurance. All additional billing and insurance questions will be answered after the initial consultation. The OMFS Teaching Clinic accepts the following dental insurances: Delta Dental, MassHealth, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna, but it does not accept medical insurance. If your case requires medical insurance, consider an OMFS Faculty Provider and call 617-636-6515.
Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Faculty Practice Services
Our highly skilled Oral Surgery Providers in the Faculty Practice provide the same services as the Teaching Clinic and much more. Many of these advanced services are covered by dental or medical insurance and require a referral.
- Dentoalveolar procedures (including atraumatic extractions, removal of impacted teeth, exposure of impacted teeth, pre-prosthetic surgery)
- Outpatient general anesthesia and IV sedation
- Implant surgery covering all levels of complexity.
- Bone grafting and reconstruction of bony defects
- Facial cosmetic surgery (including blepharoplasty, dermal fillers, botox, chemical peels and neuromodulators)
- Evaluation and treatment of pathologic lesions of the jaw and the oral cavity
- Maxillofacial reconstructive and orthognathic surgery
- Surgery for ultimate management of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Primary cleft lip and palate repair
- Traumatic injuries to the teeth and jaws
- TMJ surgery including minimally invasive procedures such as arthroscopy and arthrocentesis (Surgical Interventions only. For TMJ evaluations contact the Craniofacial Pain Center.)
- Collaboration among experts in other dental specialties (implant dentistry, prosthodontics, orthodontics) and medical specialties.
To make an appointment or referral to the Faculty Practice, please call 617-636-6515.
Referring doctors please call 617-636-6516 for our Teaching Clinic or 617-636-6515 for our Faculty Practice.