Tufts University School of Dental Medicine welcomes the many valuable contributions corporations make to its mission of extraordinary education, research and community service. The second largest dental school in the nation, Tufts offers unusual opportunities for both community investment and research with diverse populations. Located in Boston’s Chinatown, our patients and neighbors are people of varied ethnic origin, age and economic status. Opportunities abound for interdisciplinary and collaborative research throughout Tufts, including with the Friedman School of Nutrition, School of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, and Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Our faculty researchers conduct research for corporate sponsors in many areas, including:
- Bench studies in dental materials
- Clinical studies of tooth whitening products, pharmaceuticals, dental devices, restorative materials, and adhesive systems.
- Basic science research in tissue engineering, wound healing, and dry-eye syndrome.
Corporations invest in Tufts’ School of Dental Medicine through philanthropic support to departments, faculty and students engaged in work related to their interests. Strategic investments benefit both the school and corporations wishing to market products to future users, or gain access to important intellectual talent engaged in basic or clinical research. Tufts recognizes the value of true partnerships and exchange of ideas to determine where financial investment can benefit both corporations and the dental school.
Corporate investment may be targeted to the following options:
- Summer student interns’ research and travel to oral health conferences
- Support for faculty investigation through contract research
- Grants for purchase of equipment
- Named laboratories and facilities
- Gifts in kind of equipment and products
Charitable gifts from general, family and corporate philanthropic foundations make possible the ongoing community outreach that is a keystone of TUSDM. Current giving generously supports free dental care for survivors of domestic violence; preventive care for children at risk for poor oral health; dental care for special needs populations and scholarships for students.