Video: Patrick Huynh, D18
TUSDM is committed to providing all interested students with opportunities to do research, and students are encouraged to get involved in research projects at the dental school, other Tufts graduate schools, and affiliated organizations.
Degrees and Programs
- Master of Science in Dental Research: We offer a program of study and research leading to the degree of Master of Science to all scholars qualified to proceed into graduate study. Several of our postgraduate programs provide the option to pursue a combined degree, and we offer a combined DMD/MS degree program.
- Student Research Fellowship Program: Predoctoral dental students have the the opportunity to earn a stipend while performing research under the supervision of university faculty. Each year, a select number of dental students are awarded summer research fellowships on a competitive basis.
- Research Travel Program: Participating students visit domestic and international headquarters of leading dental manufactures to conduct research with industry scientists, and gain insight into the multifaceted and interdisciplinary world of dental product manufacturing.
- Since the 1930s, Bates Andrews Research Day has provided an opportunity for Tufts dental sudents to share their accomplishments in fields of special interest.
- Started in 1975, Charleton Lecture and Poster Competition encourages and publicizes research from the medical, dental, and vetinary students at Tufts.
- The Yankee Dental Congress provides Boston-area dental students the opportunity to present their research projects to a wide audience of dental professionals.
- The International/American Dental Research Annual Meeting attracts 6,000 participants and is the single most important dental research meeting worldwide each year.