We invite you to stay up to date with the ever-changing world of dentistry at our state-of-the art continuing education facility in downtown Boston. Register today for the next dental education course that will elevate your practice or career.
For more information on travel programs through our Cruise and Travel Partners, please visit their dental CE travel website.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine offers a state-of-the art and professional setting for your business meetings, seminars, conferences and product demonstrations. We offer a unique, multi-purpose venue with beautiful views of the city, and a convenient location in downtown Boston.
- Convenient location
- Competitive rates
- On-site meeting and event support
- State-of-the-art audio visual equipment
- Various-sized conference rooms accommodating 10-90 guests
- Catering to the needs of groups both large and small
- Ample parking and close proximately to public transportation, local area hotels, and restaurants
Combining superior customer services, advanced technology, and on-premise catering, we promise to make your event an enjoyable experience for you and your participants! Contact us at (617) 636-6629 or email email@example.com to begin planning your next event now!
How to Register
Applications for registration will be processed in the order received and must be accompanied by full tuition at least ten days in advance of the course (some exceptions may apply). Maximum and minimum enrollments apply. Early registration is recommended. You can register online or over the phone.
- Register Online – Please note that you will be directed to our secure online payment gateway where you will process your payment.
- Register over the phone – Call (617) 636-6629 to register and pay using your credit card.
Written confirmation of your registration will be e-mailed or mailed upon receipt of payment. If confirmation is not received, please contact our office before attending the course.
Enrollment and Cancellation Policy
The Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to end registration when an enrollment limit is reached and to cancel, modify, or alter content or faculty for any course if circumstances indicate the need for such a change. If the school finds it necessary to cancel a course, a full refund will be granted. All attempts to contact registrants will be made as soon as possible in the event of a course cancellation. The school will not be held responsible for any losses due to travel arrangements made by the registrant.
In the event of inclement weather (such as a snow emergency) or other extenuating circumstances, the Division of Continuing Education may be forced to cancel a course. If a course has been cancelled, we will contact participants by the phone number and/or email address provided. You may call or email our office on the day of the course if you are uncertain of a course’s status.
Full tuition refund or credit will be given for cancellations received at least two weeks prior to course date. Refunds or tuition credit will not be issued for participant no-shows.
Location and Time
Course check-in begins 30 minutes prior to listed course start time. Room locations will be specified in each registrant’s course confirmation.
A continental breakfast is provided for all courses except evening courses. Lunch is provided for all full-day courses unless noted on course description. If you have dietary restrictions, please call or email us at least one week prior to the course date.
The hotels listed below are within walking distance of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and may offer a Tufts rate to program participants. Because rates vary depending on availability, please book your room early.
|Courtyard by Marriott
275 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
|The DoubleTree Hotel
821 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
|The W Hotel Boston
100 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116
|The Revere Hotel
200 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116
Parking is available at the Tufts Medical Center parking facility located on Tremont Street. Parking is $20.00 per day with validation.
Tape Recordings and Photographs
Participants are not allowed to record or photograph any materials without the express permission of the Division of Continuing Education.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Approval Date 11/15-12/19. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP or ada.org/goto/cerp.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine designates the activities included in this catalog for the number of continuing education credits indicated on each course description.
Notice to Participants
We reserve the right to photograph or videotape participants and registrants during our continuing education courses. By participating in or registering for this course, each participant/registrant agrees that we may, for no compensation, (I) photograph or videotape such participant/registrant; and (ii) reproduce, distribute, display, use or publish such photographs or video images and likeness, with or without such participant/registrant’s name, by any method for any lawful purpose, including for example, such purposes as educational programs, publicity, illustration, recruitment, fundraising, advertising and Web content. Such photographs or video images shall be the exclusive property of the University.
SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT
Doctors 65 years of age or older may receive $65 off one eligible course per calendar year.
DISCOUNT CODE: SENIOR
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SPECIAL
Current members of the TUSDM Alumni Association may receive $75 off one eligible course per calendar year. Alumni who graduated in the past two years may automatically be members. To find out more about your status, or to become an Alumni Association member, please call 617.636.6773.
DISCOUNT CODE: ALUM
* Please note that to be eligible for this discount participants must be up to date with their annual Alumni Association dues.
Participation (Hands-On) Course Guidelines:
- Course attendees are required to wear protective eye wear and clinical attire during hands-on activities. TUSDM CE will provide each attendee with a blue disposable gown and safety glasses. Participants are invited to bring their own lab coats and loupes to the course.
- In the event that the course includes the use/handling of human tissue, it is TUSDM’s understanding that all participants are current with Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- All course participants must wear long pants (to the ankle).
- Face masks, face shields and gloves will always be available for courses and must be used as required.
- If the course includes drilling or grinding, protective eyewear and face masks are required and must be worn during the duration of that specific activity.
- Gloves must not be worn when using the model trimmers or dental lathes.
- Medium to long hair must be pinned or tied back for safety reasons.
- Dangling jewellery should be removed prior to performing any hands-on activity.
- No hats, shorts or open-toed shoes are allowed in the Simulation Learning Center or any clinical or research area during the course.
- We request that cell phones be turned to silent or vibrate during the course, as to not distract others in the learning environment.
In order to reward our frequent attendees, the Office of Dental Continuing Education is pleased to announce our new Loyalty Rewards Program. Beginning in 2017, individuals who have participated in two or more courses with us during the previous year will be eligible to receive a discount on any of our standard courses during the next calendar year!
How it works:
The level of discount will correspond to the number of courses an individual takes with us the previous year: Individuals who take two or more courses with us in 2016 will be automatically entered into this program, and can expect to receive their personalized discount code via e-mail when registration opens for our spring 2017 courses.
Rules and Restrictions:
Two restrictions apply to the use of these discount codes:
- Loyalty Rewards Program discounts do not apply to courses priced at $3000 or more.
- Loyalty Rewards Program discount codes only apply to an individual’s personal registrations, and may not be shared with others.
If you have any questions about this program, or about your rewards program status, please call us at 617-636-6629, or contact us via email at dentalCE@tufts.edu.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Division of Continuing Education is dedicated to providing patient-centered and clinical-based education for the lifelong learning needs of dental professionals. We strive to develop educational programs that address different patient populations, dental specialties, advancing technologies, and varied practice settings. We create and coordinate programs that incorporate all types of educational methodologies, quality training, and the highest standards of oral health care by utilizing a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach.
- To promote and encourage lifelong education for the dental professional beyond graduation and/or certification, by presenting outstanding programs by recognized clinicians and educators who have demonstrated expertise in their respective fields of endeavor
- To disseminate new information on advancing technology and procedures, for practical application by the dental professional
- To encourage and assist the dental professional to achieve higher levels of skills, knowledge, and competence
- To provide continuing education programs that enable participants to provide an improved level of care to their patients and their community
Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Approval Date 11/15-12/19.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit house by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ADA.org/goto/cerp.
More information about the American Dental Association can be found at www.ada.org
Conflict of Interest and Full Disclosure Policy
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Division of Continuing Education (TUSDM DCE) provides a range of education programs for the dental profession. When Continuing Education Credits are offered, the program is to be strictly educational and by definition, non-promotional. The following guidelines contains the procedures under which TUSDM DCE will engage in educational activities.
- Continuing education programs are educational and non-promotional.
- Continuing education programs are created and implemented independent from the promotional influences of the commercial entities.
- Generic names will be used for any discussion of a specific product, when possible, and there will be a balanced presentation of competing therapies and any limitations on the data.
- Instructors will adhere to the ADA’s Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct.
- Instructors will base lectures on sound scientific basis and proven clinical efficacy.
- Instructors will disclose any potential Conflicts of Interest in the start of continuing education program.
- Conflict of Interest can include stock ownership, current or past employment, paid consultant services, paid speaking engagements, membership on advisory boards or funded research activities.
- TUSDM DCE will separate commercial entities product displays from the learning environment and disclose to all the participants any unrestricted grants or sponsorship received for the continuing education programming.
Individualized and Remedial Courses
The TUSDM Office of Continuing Education is available to coordinate 1:1 instruction on specific topics, including remedial coursework to fulfill the directives of state dental boards. These services are contingent on our ability to recruit suitable faculty members to provide the specific type and duration of instruction requested. For more information about fees and instructor availability, please contact us at DentalCE@tufts.edu.
Request to Create a CE Course with TUSDM
Are you interested in requesting CE credit for a pre-planned continuing dental education event?
Click here to fill out our CE credit request information, and to find out if TUSDM can support your project. We will reply to request submissions within 7 business days.