Dental Education Learning and Teaching Academy (DELTA) Fellowship
The Dental Education Learning and Teaching Academy (DELTA) Fellowship program is a one-year professional certificate program designed to allow post-doctoral residents, junior faculty members and young clinicians the opportunity to develop as successful educators and leaders of the dental profession.
The program offers a variety of intramural and extramural activities to foster comprehensive faculty development and address faculty educational needs. During the program, the fellow will be able to:
- Design, develop, implement and present an educational research project;
- Create a portfolio outlining the three components of the program: research project, teaching assignments and inspirational one-on-one interviews with well-known educators and leaders of the profession;
- Gain exposure to curriculum design/development, assessment, pedagogy and use of technology to support educators.
The program is structured on three main components: research, teaching and academia. The didactic curriculum will include:
- Fundamentals of teaching and learning
- Basics of educational research
- Dental education literature review
- Developing case studies
- Seminar series/faculty development workshops
Lectures will be conducted by faculty members, residents, and guest speakers on topics relevant to dental education and basics of educational research. Fellows will be active participants in an extensive course covering fundamentals of teaching and learning lecture series, educational research, dental education literature review and developing case studies throughout the fellowship.
How to Apply
Application requirements include the following and must be submitted to the Office of Admissions:
- Candidates must hold a DMD, DDS, BDS degree or MS, PhD with interest in teaching in dental school environment
- International Applicants must submit a TOEFL test with score of 90 or higher
- Complete TUSDM application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement about why applicant is interested in this program
- Two letters of recommendation
- Applicants will be selected for an initial interview (in person or via online)
- Tuition costs are the same as the Masters of Science Program. Please visit the Financial Aid page for postgraduate tuition figures.
- Faculty members who may not be able to take on a full-time fellowship are also encouraged to consider taking individual courses that they believe will add to their professional development.
- For additional information please contact: Nadeem Karimbux, DMD, MMSc – firstname.lastname@example.org; Irina Dragan, DDS, MS – email@example.com