Advanced Education in Prosthodontics
The Advanced Specialty Education Program in Prosthodontics is accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The three year program starts July 1 of the first year of program and ends June 30 of the third year of program. It leads toward a Certificate of Achievement in Prosthodontics which qualifies the candidate for the American Board of Prosthodontics (ABP) Certifying Examinations.
The certificate program may be combined with the Master of Science (MS) program upon the program director’s approval. If residents are enrolled in the three year combined program, both the certificate and the MS degree will be awarded together only after all requirements for the certificate and the MS programs are completed.
The postgraduate prosthodontics program provides residents with the knowledge and skills to meet all standards as established by the CODA. During the 36 months of program, extensive didactic, clinical and laboratory phases of training are offered in, but are not limited to,
- Fixed and removable prosthodontics,
- Esthetic dentistry,
- Implant dentistry (including surgical placement),
- Digital CAD/CAM dentistry,
- Maxillofacial prosthetics,
- Partial and full mouth rehabilitation.
Additional emphasis is also placed on diagnosis, treatment planning as well as comprehensive care for advanced patients using an evidence-base, multidisciplinary approach. The following latest digital CAD/CAM technology, is well integrated into the program’s educational and patient care processes that take place in the newly built facility including library, clinic and laboratory;
- Intraoral and laboratory scanners,
- CAD design and modeling software and Implant planning software,
- 3D dental printer and 5-axis CAM milling machine,
- Jaw tracking device.
Course of Study
Advanced Education Courses
- Biostatistics I and II
- Epidemiology and Critical thinking in the Practice of Dentistry
- Critical Evaluation of Scientific Literature
- Oral & maxillofacial Radiology
- Management of the Medically Compromised Dental Patient
- Dental Pharmacology
- Clinico-Pathologic Conferences in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Interdisciplinary treatment Planning
- Complex Case Management Seminar
- Overview of TMD & Orofacial Pain
- Biology of Saliva & salivary Glands
- Head & Neck Anatomy for Prosthodontics
- Advanced Fixed Prosthodontics Laboratory
- Advanced Removable Prosthodontics Laboratory
- Comprehensive Literature Review I, II
- Advanced Prosthodontic treatment Planning Seminar I, II, III
- Osseointegration & Alveolar Tissue Regeneration
- Implant Surgery
- Pre-Prosthetic Surgery I, II
- Advanced Fixed Prosthodontics
- Advanced Removable Prosthodontics
- Advanced Implant Prosthodontics
- Advanced Occlusion I, II
- Treatment of Endodontically Treated Teeth
- Integration of Esthetic Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Research Methodology in Prosthodontics and Biomaterials
- Advanced Prosthodontics Clinic 1-9
- ABP Board Preparation
- Practice management in Prosthodontics
- Ali Muftu, D.M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Hans-Peter Weber, D.M.D., Dr. Med. Dent (Department Chair)
- William Heggerick, D.D.S., F.A.C.P.
- Kenneth Malament, D.D.S., C.A.G.S., M.Sc. F.A.C.P.
- Maurice Martel, D.D.S.
- Kiho Kang, D.M.D., M.S., F.A.C.P. (Program Director)
- Yong Jeong Kim, D.M.D., M.S., F.A.C.P. (Associate Program Director)
Clinical Associate Professor
- Vincent Mariano, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Andre DeSouza, D.D.S., M.Sc.
- Khaled El Rafie, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Sujey Morgan, D.D.S., M.S.
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Paul Cammarata, D.M.D.
- Luis Del Castillo, D.D.S., D.M.D.
- Moftah El-Ghadi, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Mario Gatti, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Mahshid Mirghassemi , D.D.S.
- Panagiotis Papaspyridakos, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Yukio Kudara, M.D.T.
- Gabriela Lagreca, D.D.S., F.A.C.P.
Adjunct Associate Professor
- Lino Calvani, M.D., D.D.S., M.S., C.D.T., F.A.C.P.
- Konstantinos Michalakis, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Khaled Al-Abdullah, B.D.S., M.S., F.A.C.P.
- Vincent Bennani, D.D.S., Ph.D.
- Savvas Kamalakidis, D.D.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
- Gianluca Paniz , D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
- Roberto Pellecchia, D.D.S.
- Takayoshi Suda, D.D.S., F.A.C.P.
Visiting Associate Professor
- Aris Petros Tripodakis, D.D.S., M.S.
Visiting Assistant Professor
- Kiyotaka Suzuki, D.M.D., Ph.D.