Advanced Education in Prosthodontics
The Advanced Specialty Education Program in Prosthodontics is accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The three year program starts July 1 of the first year of program and ends June 30 of the third year of program. It leads toward a Certificate of Achievement in Prosthodontics which qualifies the candidate for the American Board of Prosthodontics (ABP) Certifying Examinations.
The certificate program may be combined with the Master of Science (MS) program upon the program director’s approval. If residents are enrolled in the three year combined program, both the certificate and the MS degree will be awarded together only after all requirements for the certificate and the MS programs are completed.
The postgraduate prosthodontics program provides residents with the knowledge and skills to meet all standards as established by the CODA. During the 36 months of program, extensive didactic, clinical and laboratory phases of training are offered in, but are not limited to,
- Fixed and removable prosthodontics,
- Esthetic dentistry,
- Implant dentistry (including surgical placement),
- Digital CAD/CAM dentistry,
- Maxillofacial prosthetics,
- Partial and full mouth rehabilitation.
Additional emphasis is also placed on diagnosis, treatment planning as well as comprehensive care for advanced patients using an evidence-base, multidisciplinary approach. The following latest digital CAD/CAM technology, is well integrated into the program’s educational and patient care processes that take place in the newly built facility including library, clinic and laboratory;
- Intraoral and laboratory scanners,
- CAD design and modeling software and Implant planning software,
- 3D dental printer and 5-axis CAM milling machine,
- Jaw tracking device.
Course of Study
Advanced Education Courses
- Biostatistics I and II
- Epidemiology and Critical Thinking in the Practice of Dentistry
- Critical Evaluation of Scientific Literature
- Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology
- Management of the Medically Compromised Dental Patient
- Dental Pharmacology
- Clinico-Pathologic Conferences in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Overview of TMD & Orofacial Pain
- Biology of Saliva & Salivary Glands
- Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning Seminar
- Complex Case Management Seminar
- Head & Neck Anatomy for Prosthodontics
- Advanced Fixed Prosthodontics Laboratory
- Advanced Removable Prosthodontics Laboratory
- Comprehensive Literature Review I, II
- Advanced Prosthodontic treatment Planning Seminar I, II, III
- Management of Complex Patients through Diagnostic Wax-up
- Osseointegration & Alveolar Tissue Regeneration
- Implant Surgery
- Pre-Prosthetic Surgery I, II
- Advanced Fixed Prosthodontics
- Advanced Removable Prosthodontics
- Advanced Implant Prosthodontics
- Advanced Occlusion I, II
- Treatment of Endodontically Treated Teeth
- Integration of Esthetic Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Research Methodology in Prosthodontics and Biomaterials
- Advanced Prosthodontics Clinic 1-9
- ABP Board Preparation
- Practice Management in Prosthodontics
- Wael Att, D.D.S., Dr. Med. Dent, Ph.D. (Department Chair)
- Kiho Kang, D.M.D., D.D.S., M.S., F.A.C.P.
- Ali Muftu, D.M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Hans-Peter Weber, D.M.D., Dr. Med. Dent
- Yong Jeong Kim, D.M.D., M.S., F.A.C.P. (Associate Program Director)
- Luis Del Castillo, D.D.S., D.M.D.
- Andre De Souza, D.D.S., M.Sc.
- Khaled El Rafie, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Yukio Kudara, M.D.T.
- Gabriela Lagreca, D.D.S., F.A.C.P.
- Sujey Morgan, D.D.S., M.S.
- Panagiotis Papaspyridakos, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Konstantinos Vazouras, D.D.S, M.Phil, M.D.Sc, F.A.C.P. (Interim Program Director)
- Paul Cammarata, D.M.D.
- Moftah El-Ghadi, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Mario Gatti, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- William Heggerick, D.D.S., F.A.C.P.
- Kenneth Malament, D.D.S., C.A.G.S., M.Sc. F.A.C.P.
- Vincent Mariano, D.M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Mahshid Mirghassemi, D.D.S.
- Khaled Al-Abdullah, B.D.S., M.S., F.A.C.P.
- Lino Calvani, M.D., D.D.S., M.S., C.D.T., F.A.C.P.
- Savvas Kamalakidis, D.D.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
- Konstantinos Michalakis, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
- Gianluca Paniz, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
- Roberto Pellecchia, D.D.S.
- Takayoshi Suda, D.D.S., F.A.C.P.
- Vincent Bennani, D.D.S., Ph.D.
- YuSung Choi, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Kiyotaka Suzuki, D.M.D., Ph.D.
- Aris Petros Tripodakis, D.D.S., M.S.