- Continuing Education
The Office of the Registrar maintains and provides academic records for all current and past students of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine as well as verifying student enrollment for the National Student Clearinghouse for current students, and degree verification for graduates of our school.
Academic records, which include, but are not limited to, academic transcripts, certification of enrollment, degree and graduation date, may be withheld from any party requesting this information should the student or graduate be in default of a student loan or owe a balance to the university.
By registering for classes with Tufts Dental School, students accept and agree to be bound by the above policy as applied to any preexisting or future obligation to the University. You can read more about your rights to access, change and limit disclosure of your records on the Tufts University FERPA page.
Tufts University's Global Privacy Statements provide information for students from the United States and from countries outside the United States, including in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom. Those statements include information about how we collect and use personal information and about data rights under privacy laws. See Privacy.
Prior to requesting an official transcript, you are advised to check your unofficial transcript for any missing grades or incompletes. Obtain your unofficial transcript by going to SIS Portal (see instructions below).
To obtain an official copy of your TUSDM transcript, follow the instructions below based on how you wish to have your transcript delivered:
- SIS Portal – Request an official transcript to be sent via first-class USPS mail to you or a third party or to be picked up on site at the Registrar’s Office during on-site business hours. Use your Tufts UTLN and password to log into the portal. Go to Tufts Tools if you need to reset your SIS password or forgot your UTLN. If you are having trouble accessing SIS, complete a Transcript Request Form and email it to Dental_Registrar@tufts.edu. If your official transcript must be included with other documents when sent, please send documents to Dental_Registrar@tufts.edu. No fees apply for transcripts requested through SIS Portal or using the Transcript Request Form. Official transcripts can’t be sent electronically or via FEDEX if requested through the SIS portal or using the Transcript Request Form.
Click here for a tutorial if requesting an official or unofficial transcript through the SIS Portal.
- Parchment – Request an official transcript to be sent via first-class USPS mail, FEDEX or sent to you or a third party electronically. If you’ve not previously used Parchment to request an official transcript from Tufts or a different school, you must create an account first. Fees apply when requesting official transcripts through Parchment. Before making the request in Parchment, be sure to check your unofficial transcript using the SIS Portal to ensure there are no missing grades or incompletes.
Office Phone Number: 617-636-0814
Dedicated Fax: 617-636-4088
Alternate Fax: 617-636-0309
Onsite Business Hours: 8 a.m.–3 p.m.; Monday–Thursday
Current students may obtain an Enrollment Verification by contacting the Office of the Registrar. Please email email@example.com with your request.
Duplicate Degree Requests
Students who need to request for a duplicate of their diploma or certificate may request a copy. Duplicate diplomas (DMD, MS, and DSc) cost $75 per degree while duplicate certificates cost $35 per certificate. Please allow 6–8 weeks for delivery after request and payment have been received.
To pay by credit card, click here to complete the order form.
To pay by check, download the appropriate request form and return it with a check to the address noted on the form. The form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, but the request will not be processed until payment has been received.
Name Change Requests
The Office of Enrollment Services – Registrar’s Office is responsible for maintaining a student’s or former student’s legal name in official school records. Academic records that contain the legal name of the student or former student include transcripts, a diploma and/or certificate. Currently enrolled students, former students and graduates can request that their official school records be updated to reflect a new name provided they submit proof of their legal name change. In order to request a name change on your official school records, please submit at least one of the following items to the Enrollment Services – Registrar’s Office:
- Signed copy of Social Security Card that reflects legal name (required for federal student aid recipients currently enrolled); or
- Copy of biography page of passport; or
- Copy of court issued document showing the new and old names; or
- MA-issued driver’s license
Please note that if the student is currently enrolled and is receiving federal student financial aid, including federal student loans, the only acceptable proof of legal name change is a signed copy of the student’s social security card reflecting the student’s new name.
Updates to records will be made at the discretion of the Office of Enrollment Services – Registrar’s Office and additional records may be requested or accepted. Please contact the Office of Enrollment Services – Registrar’s Office with questions.