- Short Courses
- Tufts Dental Mini-Residency Programs
- TUSDM Global Academy
- TUSDM Executive Academy
- TUSDM Academy for Heath Care Educators
- Interprofessional Pain and Headache Rounds [Virtual]
- Case Studies in Orofacial Pain and Headache Series [Virtual]
- Controlled Risk Mitigation Education Modules [Self-Study]
- Conference Services and Room Rentals
Advanced Education in Esthetic Dentistry Fellowship Program
The Advanced Education in Esthetic Dentistry Fellowship Program is designed to provide the enrolled fellows an advanced level of education in Esthetic Dentistry with didactic, clinical, laboratory and scholarly components. The fellows will have the opportunity to attend didactic sessions including lectures, seminars, and case presentations as well as performing patient care and conducting dental laboratory procedures.
The Esthetic Dentistry Fellowship Program allows students to have direct interaction with most dental specialties, including Prosthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics and Orthodontics. Therefore, it contributes in providing a multidisciplinary approach in the diagnosis and management of patients’ esthetics, restorative and functional needs.
During their clinical curriculum, students are trained to provide comprehensive dental care, utilizing the latest technologies available to dental professionals. Located in state-of the-art facilities and using all aspects of digital dentistry from intraoral scanners, 3D printers, digitally guided implant planning to digital smile design and milled restorations.
Students’ achievements include simple to more extensive smile reconstruction including teeth whitening, direct composite restorations, porcelain laminate veneers, ceramic crowns, computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) restorations, and implant-supported crowns. The program exposes students to all specialty phases of dentistry and medicine as they apply to esthetics.
During their didactic curriculum, students attend classes on Digital Dentistry, Biomaterials, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), Occlusion and Implantology. Students also attend Esthetics-oriented classes such as Advanced Operative and Esthetic Dentistry Treatment Planning Course, Comprehensive Evidence-Based Esthetic Dentistry Literature Review, and multi-disciplinary oriented lectures.
Students learn treatment planning and record-keeping techniques that they apply to each patient. They are required to present such information in roundtable discussions with faculty. The process enables students to develop effective management and administrative skills.
The program duration is one year, from July 1st of the starting year to June 30th of the following year.
Course of Study
During their clinical curriculum, residents will be trained to provide comprehensive dental care, utilizing the latest technologies available to dental professionals. Students’ training will include both simple and complex methods of smile reconstruction including teeth whitening, direct composite restorations, porcelain laminate veneers, all-ceramic and porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) crowns, computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) restorations, and implant-supported crowns. The program will expose students to all specialty phases of dentistry and medicine as they relate to esthetic dentistry.
- Pre-Clinical Esthetic and Operative Dentistry Course
- Advanced Operative and Esthetic Dentistry Course
- Comprehensive Esthetic Dentistry Literature Review
- Advanced Esthetic Treatment Planning Course
- Advanced Prosthodontics Treatment Planning Course
- Implant Dentistry A to Z
- Management of the Medically Compromised Dental Patient
- Complex Cases
- Overview of TMD Disorders and Orofacial Pain
- Dental Pharmacology
- Dr. John Da Silva, Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs and Interim Chair
- Dr. Aikaterini Papathanasiou, Associate Professor & Graduate AEED Program Director
- Dr. Maria Avrampou, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Gustavo Ernesto Mahn Arteaga, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Olympia Karacosta, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Panagiotis Papaspyridakos, Associate Professor
- Dr. Carlos Kose, Associate Professor
Visiting/Volunteer AEEOD Faculty
- Dr. Lisa Emerzian, Clinical Associate
- Dr. Ahwed Maawadh, Clinical Associate
- Dr. William Papadopoulos, Clinical Associate
- Dr. Roya Zandparsa, Clinical Associate
|Esthetics Dentistry Fellowship Program||One-Year Program|
|Health Administrative Fee||$250|
|Disability Insurance Fee||$77|
|Clinic Gown Fee||$1,920|
|Total Billed Costs||$100,215|
|Total Cost of Education*||$135,015|
NOTE: Students must have health insurance by enrolling in the school's plan or another comparable plan. Students may also be responsible for cost pertaining to course materials and equipment as deemed appropriate by the Program Director.