Beginning on Monday, March 30, to protect the health and safety of our caregivers and you our patients, we will be limiting emergency visits to our clinic. If you are having an emergency, please call 617-636-6998, and you will be connected with a member of our faculty triage team. They will let you know how to manage your care and if you need to come into the dental school to be seen. Please understand we do know that this is an inconvenience, however, we are taking steps recommended to keep us all safe.
Visitors and Guests Policy
For the safety of all parties involved in patient appointments:
- Children and guests are not allowed in the operatory during the appointment.
- Children cannot be left unattended anywhere in the building.
Please plan your visit accordingly, and thank you for your cooperation.
Tufts Emergency Dental Clinic is open 9 a.m.–10:30 a.m. each business day during the COVID-19 crisis. Please call 617-636-6998 in advance to speak to our Emergency Triage Team between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We may be able to triage your emergency over the phone.
When Tufts Emergency Dental Clinic is closed (e.g., nights, weekends, and holidays), emergency services may be obtained by calling Tufts Medical Center at (617) 636-5000 and asking for “Emergency Dental Care.” (Note: Tufts Medical Center’s hours and fees are not the same as Tufts Emergency Dental Clinic’s hours and fees.)
The Emergency Dental Clinic is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day - January 1*
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - third Monday in January
- President’s Day - third Monday in February
- Patriots' Day - third Monday in April
- Memorial Day - last Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4*
- Labor Day - first Monday in September
- Columbus Day - second Monday in October
- Veteran’s Day - November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - fourth Thursday in November
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve - December 24**
- Christmas Day - December 25**
* When these days fall on a Sunday, the holiday will be observed on the following Monday; when they fall on a Saturday, the holiday will be observed on the previous Friday; Tufts Dental School and the Emergency Dental Clinic will be closed on these days.
** When Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both fall on a weekday, both days will be holidays; Tufts Dental School and the Emergency Dental Clinic will be closed on these days.