Are you interested in being a research participant? TUSDM is currently recruiting for the following studies:
Dental Research Study: Recession
Think You’ve Got recession?
The Periodontology Department is conducting research regarding treatment for gum recession.
- Are you over 18 years old?
- Have you been told that you have gingival recessions?
- 8 study visits; over an approximately 13 month period;
- 50% of the surgical costs will be covered;
- Upon completing the study, you will receive up to $60 in CVS gift cards as compensation.
If you have any questions or if you think you may qualify to participate, please contact:
Comparison of Metal and Fiber Post Systems
We are seeking volunteers for a study comparing two different post systems. Participants needing post placement will be randomized to one of two different post systems. There are a total of 4 visits over a 2 year period. If you attend all study visits, you will receive two free dental cleanings, each valued at $65.
- Be 18 years or older
- Be in good overall health
- Have the necessary procedure planned
Please contact Dr. Harish Gulati for more information please email Harish.Gulati@tufts.edu.
Dental Research Study: Bone Volume Gain
We are looking volunteers for a clinical research study focusing on bone volume gain after a specific bone regeneration surgery. You may qualify to participate if you are a current TUSDM clinic patient who is:
- At least 18 years old
- A non-smoker
- Have been diagnosed with lateral ridge deficiencies
- And require treatment by lateral bone augmentation surgery, implant placement and implant supported prosthesis
Qualifying participants will receive a 50% discount on the lateral bone augmentation surgery. Participants and/or their insurance will be responsible for one half of the bone regeneration procedure fee and the full fee for implant placement.
If you think that you might qualify or to find out more information, Contact Dr. Lorenzo Mordini at 617-292-3433 or Lorenzo.Mordini@tufts.edu
Dentinal Hypersensitivity Study
We are seeking volunteers for a study on the efficacy of three cavity prevention products in helping to minimize dentinal hypersensitivity.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least one tooth with an exposed root surface and/or exposed dentin
- Have no adjacent teeth with sensitivity
You may not participate in this study if :
- You have any pain disorders
- You have a chronic medical condition that requires the regular use of pain or anti-inflammatory medications
- You have used a desensitizing dentifrice within the past four weeks
- You have received an antihypersensitivity treatment (varnish or precipitating solution) within the past four weeks
- You are undergoing active orthodontic treatment.
- You are pregnant or lactating
- You have a milk allergy
- You are on kidney dialysis
Compensation for participating in the study is up to $100 in gift cards.
For more information, please contact Dr. Pamela Maragliano-Muniz at 617-636-3576 Pamela.Maragliano@tufts.edu.
All study appointments will take place in the periodontology clinic at TUSDM .
Wisdom Tooth Removal & Preemptive Administration of Pain Killers
This research study will compare the effectiveness of a single dose of intravenous (IV) ibuprofen or IV acetaminophen when given 30 minutes prior to surgery in reducing post-operative pain. You will be observed for one and a half hours after the surgical procedure and will receive post-surgery care as needed. Participants must be at least 18 years old, in good general health and need two or more wisdom teeth third molars extracted under general anesthesia. You will receive up to $50 in gift cards after successful completion of the study. In addition, parking on the day of your surgery will be paid by parking vouchers. Individuals, or their insurance company, will be responsible for covering all surgical costs.
The study involves three parts:
- A screening appointment that will take approximately 30 minutes,
- Pre-surgery administration of ibuprofen or acetaminophen and post-operative observation, and
- Completion of pain diary
If you would like to learn more about the study, please contact Dr. Archana Viswanath at (617) 636-3578 or by email at Archana.Viswanath@tufts.edu.