Tufts University School of Dental Medicine welcomes the many valuable contributions corporations and foundations make to its mission of extraordinary education, research and community service. The second largest dental school in the nation, Tufts offers unusual opportunities for both community investment and research with diverse populations. Located in Boston’s Chinatown on the Health Sciences campus, its patients and neighbors are people of varied ethnic origin, age and economic status or with specific diseases such as Sjogren’s syndrome. Opportunities abound for interdisciplinary and collaborative research with the Nutrition, Medicine, and Veterinary Medicine and Bioengineering schools at Tufts.
Researchers at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine conduct research for corporate sponsors in many areas, including:
- Bench studies in dental materials
- Clinical studies of tooth whitening products, pharmaceuticals, dental devices, restorative materials, and adhesive systems.
- Basic science research in tissue engineering, wound healing, and dry-eye syndrome.
The TUSDM research community welcomes inquiries from potential corporate partners. Please contact Dr. Gerard Kugel, Associate Dean for Research, 617-636-0870, to learn more about the wealth of research resources available at Tufts.
Corporations invest in Tufts’ School of Dental Medicine through philanthropic support to departments, faculty and students engaged in work related to their interests. Strategic investments benefit both the school and corporations wishing to market products to future users and consumers or gain access to important intellectual talent engaged in basic or clinical research. Tufts recognizes the value of true partnerships and exchange of ideas to determine where financial investment can benefit both corporations and Tufts’ School of Dental Medicine.
Corporate investment may be targeted to the following options:
- Annual support through employer/employee matching gifts
- Funded scholarships
- Summer student interns’ research and travel to oral health conferences
- Creation of new professorships
- Support for faculty investigation through contract research
- Sponsored events
- Grants for purchase of equipment
- Named laboratories and facilities
- Gifts in kind of equipment and products
- Major gifts to strategic initiatives
Charitable gifts from general, family and corporate philanthropic foundations make possible the ongoing community outreach that is a keystone of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Current giving generously supports free dental care for survivors of domestic violence; preventive care for children at risk for poor oral health; dental care for special needs populations and scholarships for students.
For more information please contact: