Vision: To develop, advance and disseminate knowledge of oral health issues to benefit the profession and the society it serves.
The mission of the Research Community is to promote the reputation of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine through innovative basic, clinical, and public health research. We strive to be a leader allowing for collaboration with all schools within Tufts University with the purpose to share ideas and strengths for the common good.
We are dedicated to performing ethical, meaningful research in oral health care. Our research efforts are directed towards meeting the needs of the scientific and dental community, the public at large, and to our study volunteers and students. The TUSDM research community strives to combine our strength by sharing our resources and ideas. Our efforts are to promote oral health and disseminate this information to improve the quality of life of the general population.
2017 ADEA and IADR Presentations
If you are currently engaged in research, you are most likely aware that abstract submission deadlines for the 2017 ADEA and IADR meetings are coming up quickly! To learn more about the process, please click here.
Bates-Andrews Research Abstract Book
Research Community Focus
- Apply basic and clinical science research to the development of new methodologies and treatment technologies
- Publish in peer reviewed journals
- Communicate through oral scientific presentations
- Create research opportunities and encourage participation for faculty and students
- Develop innovative hypotheses
- Collaborate with other scientists within Tufts and other institutions
- Share research ideas among faculty and students
- Nurture future scientists and leaders
- Educate and promote the oral health and well-being of our study volunteers
- Bone Remodeling
- Center for Integrated Tissue Engineering
- Craniofacial & Molecular Genetics
- Dental Materials
- Oral Medicine & Public Health
- Sjögren’s Syndrome: Dry Eye & Dry Mouth
- Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering
- Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry
- TMD & Orofacial Pain