For specialty clinics and referrals, your first visit may be different. If you have been told by a doctor or dentist that you need to see a dental specialist for a specific procedure, please contact the specialty clinic directly.
For general dental care, there are usually two initial appointments. (The process may be different for specialty clinics, for more information, please contact the specialty clinic directly.) These visits include: x-rays, an examination and treatment planning. Treatment typically begins on the third visit. The reason for these appointments is that we are a teaching facility that provides comprehensive care. The fees are $77 for the first visit (x-rays) and $67 for the second visit (comprehensive oral examination).
- Please plan to be at your first appointment for one to three hours.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment, to allow time for the registration process.
- Bring a picture ID.
- You will be asked to provide your complete medical history including current medications and dosages. Please bring any relevant medical information that will help us to complete these forms with you.
- You will receive a basic oral examination by a student and faculty dentist. For accurate diagnostic evaluation, current x-rays are necessary. If recent x-rays are available from another dental office, bring them to this visit. Even with these x-rays, it may be determined that additional x-rays are needed. The cost of this exam, including certain initial x-rays is $77.00.
- At the conclusion of this visit, you will have a general idea of the dental treatment that you need and if you are a candidate for treatment at one of our specialty clinics.
- We accept Delta Dental, DeltaCare, MassHealth, Commonwealth Care (Type 1, Network & Neighborhood Health Plans), Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental (MA & RI), Veterans insurance and CIGNA Dental insurance. As a courtesy to you, we will bill your insurance company directly for all services rendered. If you have other dental insurance, we will provide you with payment documentation to assist you in filing your dental claim. Please be prepared to present your insurance card. For more insurance information click here.