Expert Dental Services at Reduced Fees
- Specialty Clinics and Services
- New Patients
- Payment and Insurance (This section opens a new window.)
For patients with more complex dental needs, including patients referred to Tufts by a dentist, Tufts has a full range of specialty clinics and services. In the Specialty Post-Doctoral Clinics, dentists who have completed dental school and are receiving 2-4 additional years of training in dental specialties provide services under the supervision of faculty dentists.
In general, appointments in the Specialty Post-Doctoral Clinics take less time and cost a little more than in the General Dentistry Pre-Doctoral Clinics. However, fees in the Specialty Post-Doctoral Clinics are still lower than the fees charged by dentists in private practice.
Specialty Clinics and Services
Endodontics (root canals)
- Please call (617) 636-6889 for an appointment if you have a referral from a dentist.
Esthetic Dentistry (Cosmetic Dentistry)
- Services include teeth whitening, veneers, esthetic bonding, and tooth-colored fillings.
- Please call (617) 636-0460.
Implant Dentistry (surgical replacement of teeth)
- Please call (617) 636-6930.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue; surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures
- Please call (617) 636-6516.
- Services include treatment of oral problems related to infectious and systemic disorders such as cancer, mouth lesions, dry mouth, AIDS/HIV, and taste disorders. Please call (617) 636-3932.
Orthodontics (braces for children and adults)
- Call (617) 636-6887 for an appointment.
Pediatric Dentistry (for children ages 6 months to 18 years)
- Call (617) 636-6971 for an appointment.
Periodontics (treatment of gum disease)
- Please call (617) 636-6888.
- Services include crowns and bridges, partial and complete dentures, and implant restorations.
- Please call (617) 636-6888 for an appointment.
Radiology (X-rays and Oral CAT Scans)
- Please call (617) 636-6814.
Special Needs Patient Services (Dentistry for Children and Adults with Special Needs)
Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders and Craniofacial Pain
- Treated at Tufts Craniofacial Pain Center – Call (617) 636-6817 for an appointment.
Tufts Dental Clinics welcome new patients.
Please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Dental insurance card (if applicable) and photo identification
- Dental x-rays taken in the last two years (if available)
- List of your current medications and dosages
- Primary care physician’s name, address, and phone number
- Emergency contact’s name and phone number
- Payment or co-payment by cash, check, or MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit/debit card
- If you do not speak English and need an interpreter, please bring someone to assist you.
Most Specialty Post-Doctoral Clinics are open the following hours*:
Monday-Thursday 9am – 7pm
Friday 9am – 4:30pm
* Hours for individual clinics may vary.