The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine provides their patients comprehensive oral and maxillofacial surgery services, including those who need to be treated in a hospital. The clinic includes two options for services, our Teaching Clinic and our Private Faculty Practice.
PLEASE CHOOSE THE OPTION BELOW THAT BEST SUITS YOUR NEEDS
- High-quality treatment performed by dental students, residents and experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeons
- Rates that are 25-50% less than area private practices
- Appointments may take longer
- Accepts Mass Health, Delta Dental, BCBS, Cigna – but does not accept medical insurances (see below)
- High-quality, comprehensive treatment performed by leading oral and maxillofacial surgeons who are attending surgeons at Tufts Medical Center
- Rates that are comparable to area private practices
- Faster appointment times
- Accepts most dental and medical insurances (see below)
TEACHING CLINIC ▼
Welcome to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) Teaching Clinic, part of a full-service teaching clinic at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. At the OMFS Teaching Clinic your care is provided by dental students or highly skilled residents and overseen by myself as well as other faculty members, who are all leaders in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Your participation in this invaluable learning process means that appointments may take longer, but we are able to offer exceptional services at significantly lower rates than private practices. I invite you to become a patient today.
Dr. Maria Papageorge
Professor and Chair of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, DMD, MS
If you are a patient seeking care in our teaching clinic, please request an appointment online or call (617) 636-6516 to schedule an appointment. All patients require an initial consultation, with a fee of $91 plus the cost of x-rays if needed.
Request an Appointment Online
Oral surgery procedures are often complicated and may be billed through dental and/or medical insurance. Please call us to verify your insurance. All additional billing and insurance questions will be answered after the initial consultation.
The OMFS Teaching Clinic accepts the following dental insurances: Delta Dental, MassHealth, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna, but it does not accept medical insurance. If your case requires medical insurance, consider our private OMFS Faculty Practice.
Referring doctors are encouraged to call us at (617) 636-6516 to refer a patient to the OMFS Teaching Clinic. For more complex cases please consider referring to the private OMFS Faculty Practice by calling (617) 636-6515.
Oral Surgery Teaching Clinic Services
- Tooth extractions
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Implant surgery
- Soft tissue and bone biopsies
- Treatment of pathology of the jaws and oral cavity
- Treatment of trauma to the teeth and jaws
- Temporomandibular joint and muscle disorders (TMJ)
- Outpatient general anesthesia and IV Sedation
The OMFS Faculty Practice provides these services and more, for more information click here.
Read or Review on
Google+ Yelp Angie’s List
FACULTY PRIVATE PRACTICE ▼
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) Faculty Practice is part of Tufts Dental Associates – a full-service private practice for faculty members at the dental school. The OMFS practice offers the most advanced procedures provided by leading, experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeons who are also attending surgeons at Tufts Medical Center Hospital.
New patients seeking care can request an appointment online or call (617) 636-6515 to set up an appointment. All patients require an initial consultation, with an associated fee of $175 plus the cost of x-rays if needed. The cost for this fee is often covered by insurance, but not always, so please call us to verify.
Request an Appointment
Oral and maxillofacial surgery procedures are often complicated and may be billed through dental and/or medical insurance. In addition, coverage for oral and maxillofacial surgery treatments may vary by policy and procedure type, so please call us at (617) 636-6515 to verify your insurance. All additional billing and insurance questions will be answered after the initial consultation.
Referring doctors should please call us at (617) 636-6515 to refer a patient to the OMFS Faculty Practice. If you have a patient seeking more basic treatments at a lower rate, they may be a good candidate for our OMFS Teaching Clinic.
Oral Surgery Faculty Practice Services
- Dentoalveolar procedures (including atraumatic extractions, removal of impacted teeth, exposure of impacted teeth, pre-prosthetic surgery)
- Outpatient general anesthesia and IV sedation
- Implant surgery covering all levels of complexity.
- Bone grafting and reconstruction of bony defects
- Facial cosmetic surgery (including blepharoplasty, dermal fillers, botox, chemical peels and neuromodulators)
- Evaluation and treatment of pathologic lesions of the jaw and the oral cavity
- Maxillofacial reconstructive and orthognathic surgery
- Surgery for ultimate management of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Primary cleft lip and palate repair
- Traumatic injuries to the teeth and jaws
- TMJ surgery including minimally invasive procedures such as arthroscopy and arthrocentesis
- Collaboration among experts in other dental specialties (implant dentistry, prosthodontics, orthodontics) and medical specialties.
Read or Review on
Google+ Yelp Angie’s List