How to Register
Applications for registration will be processed in the order received and must be accompanied by full tuition at least ten days in advance of the course (some exceptions may apply). Maximum and minimum enrollments apply. Early registration is recommended. You can register online or over the phone.
Register Online – Click the link and follow the instructions. Please note that you will be directed to our secure online payment gateway where you will process your payment.
Register over the phone – Call (617) 636-6629 to register and pay using your credit card.
Written confirmation of your registration will be e-mailed or mailed upon receipt of payment. If confirmation is not received, please contact our office before attending the course.
Enrollment and Cancellation Policy
The Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to end registration when an enrollment limit is reached and to cancel, modify, or alter content or faculty for any course if circumstances indicate the need for such a change. If the school finds it necessary to cancel a course, a full refund will be granted. All attempts to contact registrants will be made as soon as possible in the event of a course cancellation. The school will not be held responsible for any losses due to travel arrangements made by the registrant.
In the event of inclement weather (such as a snow emergency) or other extenuating circumstances, the Division of Continuing Education may be forced to cancel a course. If a course has been cancelled, we will contact participants by the phone number and/or email address provided. You may call or email our office on the day of the course if you are uncertain of a course’s status.
Full tuition refund or credit will be given for cancellations received at least two weeks prior to course date. Refunds or tuition credit will not be issued for participant no-shows.
Location and Time
Course check-in begins 30 minutes prior to listed course start time. Room locations will be specified in each registrant’s course confirmation.
A continental breakfast is provided for all courses except evening courses. Lunch is provided for all full-day courses unless noted on course description. If you have dietary restrictions, please call or email us at least one week prior to the course date.
The hotels listed below are within walking distance of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and may offer a Tufts rate to program participants. Because rates vary depending on availability, please book your room early.
|Courtyard by Marriott
275 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
|The DoubleTree Hotel
821 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
|The W Hotel Boston
100 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116
|The Revere Hotel
200 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116
Parking is available at the Tufts Medical Center parking facility located on Tremont Street.
Parking is $20.00 per day with validation.
Tape Recordings and Photographs
Participants are not allowed to record or photograph any materials without the express permission of the Division of Continuing Education.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Approval Date 11/15-12/19. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP or ada.org/goto/cerp.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine designates the activities included in this catalog for the number of continuing education credits indicated on each course description.
Notice to Participants
We reserve the right to photograph or videotape participants and registrants during our continuing education courses. By participating in or registering for this course, each participant/registrant agrees that we may, for no compensation, (I) photograph or videotape such participant/registrant; and (ii) reproduce, distribute, display, use or publish such photographs or video images and likeness, with or without such participant/registrant’s name, by any method for any lawful purpose, including for example, such purposes as educational programs, publicity, illustration, recruitment, fundraising, advertising and Web content. Such photographs or video images shall be the exclusive property of the University.
SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT
Doctors 65 years of age or older may receive $65 off one eligible course per calendar year.
DISCOUNT CODE: SENIOR
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SPECIAL
Current members of the TUSDM Alumni Association may receive $75 off one eligible course per calendar year. Alumni who graduated in the past two years may automatically be members. To find out more about your status, or to become an Alumni Association member, please call 617.636.6773.
DISCOUNT CODE: ALUM
* Please note that to be eligible for this discount participants must be up to date with their annual Alumni Association dues.
Participation (Hands-On) Course Guidelines:
- Course attendees are required to wear protective eye wear and clinical attire during hands-on activities. TUSDM CE will provide each attendee with a blue disposable gown and safety glasses. Participants are invited to bring their own lab coats and loupes to the course.
- In the event that the course includes the use/handling of human tissue, it is TUSDM’s understanding that all participants are current with Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- All course participants must wear long pants (to the ankle).
- Face masks, face shields and gloves will always be available for courses and must be used as required.
- If the course includes drilling or grinding, protective eyewear and face masks are required and must be worn during the duration of that specific activity.
- Gloves must not be worn when using the model trimmers or dental lathes.
- Medium to long hair must be pinned or tied back for safety reasons.
- Dangling jewellery should be removed prior to performing any hands-on activity.
- No hats, shorts or open-toed shoes are allowed in the Simulation Learning Center or any clinical or research area during the course.
- We request that cell phones be turned to silent or vibrate during the course, as to not distract others in the learning environment.