Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Division of Continuing Education is dedicated to providing patient-centered and clinical-based education for the lifelong learning needs of dental professionals. We strive to develop educational programs that address different patient populations, dental specialties, advancing technologies, and varied practice settings. We create and coordinate programs that incorporate all types of educational methodologies, quality training, and the highest standards of oral health care by utilizing a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach.
- To promote and encourage lifelong education for the dental professional beyond graduation and/or certification, by presenting outstanding programs by recognized clinicians and educators who have demonstrated expertise in their respective fields of endeavor
- To disseminate new information on advancing technology and procedures, for practical application by the dental professional
- To encourage and assist the dental professional to achieve higher levels of skills, knowledge, and competence
- To provide continuing education programs that enable participants to provide an improved level of care to their patients and their community
Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Approval Date 11/15-12/19.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit house by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ADA.org/goto/cerp.
More information about the American Dental Association can be found at www.ada.org
Conflict of Interest and Full Disclosure Policy
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Division of Continuing Education (TUSDM DCE) provides a range of education programs for the dental profession. When Continuing Education Credits are offered, the program is to be strictly educational and by definition, non-promotional. The following guidelines contains the procedures under which TUSDM DCE will engage in educational activities.
- Continuing education programs are educational and non-promotional.
- Continuing education programs are created and implemented independent from the promotional influences of the commercial entities.
- Generic names will be used for any discussion of a specific product, when possible, and there will be a balanced presentation of competing therapies and any limitations on the data.
- Instructors will adhere to the ADA’s Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct.
- Instructors will base lectures on sound scientific basis and proven clinical efficacy.
- Instructors will disclose any potential Conflicts of Interest in the start of continuing education program.
- Conflict of Interest can include stock ownership, current or past employment, paid consultant services, paid speaking engagements, membership on advisory boards or funded research activities.
- TUSDM DCE will separate commercial entities product displays from the learning environment and disclose to all the participants any unrestricted grants or sponsorship received for the continuing education programming.
Individualized and Remedial Courses
The TUSDM Office of Continuing Education is available to coordinate 1:1 instruction on specific topics, including remedial coursework to fulfill the directives of state dental boards. These services are contingent on our ability to recruit suitable faculty members to provide the specific type and duration of instruction requested. For more information about fees and instructor availability, please contact us at DentalCE@tufts.edu.
Request to Create a CE Course with TUSDM
Are you interested in requesting CE credit for a pre-planned continuing dental education event?
Click here to fill out our CE credit request information, and to find out if TUSDM can support your project. We will reply to request submissions within 7 business days.