Lead by renowned clinicians and researchers, the mission of the institute is to provide high quality education to participants using evidence-based information and cutting edge technology to preserve or enhance esthetics, comfort, function, and biologic health for the craniofacial complex.
- Provide a natural continuum of excellent continuing education programming teaching state-of-the-art patient care and techniques that provide quality patient care.
- Maintain strong interdepartmental collaboration with evidence based emphasis on biomaterials, occlusion, implant design and loading, and multivariate longitudinal patient care outcomes.
- Provide a continual review of new materials and associated techniques to assure appropriately researched new technologies are incorporated into the curriculum, while at the same time using evidence-based information as the core for teaching material.
- To promote and encourage continual and lifelong education of the dental professional beyond graduation and/or certification by presenting outstanding programs by recognized clinicians and educators who have demonstrated expertise in their respective fields of endeavor.
- Foster an association of graduates and faculty that will confer simultaneously on future patient cases, thereby increasing quality control and the level of esthetic restorations.
Patient-Centered Education Committed to Excellence
- Second Largest Dental School in U.S. 600 pre-doctoral students 100 post-doctoral students 7000 alumni worldwide
- Primary Focus: Dental Education Patient Care
- TUSDM is nationally and internationally known for training dentists with exceptional patient management and clinical skills.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine is committed to educating a diverse population of pre- and post-doctoral students and to preparing them for dental practice in the 21st century by offering a unique experience with various patients populations, dental specialties, and practice settings.
Craniofacial Esthetics at TUSDM
The existing Craniofacial Esthetics Program at TUSDM maintains:
- Strong interdepartmental, collaborative research with special emphasis on: in vitro and longitudinal biomaterials research; cross sectional and longitudinal occlusion research, implant design and loading, and multivariate longitudinal patient care outcomes using bioinformatics.
- Continual review of new materials and associated techniques to assure appropriately researched new technologies are incorporated into the curriculum, while at the same time using evidence-based information as the core for teaching material.
- A natural continuum of this excellent academic program is a continuing education program teaching state-of-the-art esthetic treatment and techniques at the Craniofacial Esthetics Institute.
- To achieve a leadership role for TUSDM in Craniofacial Esthetic Dentistry education and patient care.
- Establish a certificate program that will develop into a Masters of Science in Craniofacial Esthetics program, one of the few available in the world.
- To expand opportunities for high caliber clinical training for practicing dentists
- To provide all graduates of the full program with the opportunity to prepare and deliver at least one supervised case.
- To foster an association of graduates and faculty that will confer simultaneously on future patient cases, thereby increasing quality control and the level of esthetic restorations.
- To increase numbers of clinicians trained with latest technologies to better meet the oral health demands of the community.