Hands On Course – Class Size Limited
CONSTANTINOS LASKARIDES, D.M.D., PHARM.D. Associate Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
We are proud to offer a renowned university-based course, taught by multidisciplinary faculty (maxillofacial surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, anatomists, and specialized attorneys). This course includes not only live patient care, but also an innovative simulation lab session to provide comfortable practice and promote in-depth technique understanding.
This 14 hour course is intended to fulfill the requirements of the Massachusetts BORID’s “Policy Advisory on the Use of Botulinum Toxins (Botox) and/or Dermal Fillers by Licensed Dentists” and combines:
- Online didactic material. Participants will be provided access to extensive background resources, which can be read and explored in your own time, providing more flexibility than conventional lectures.
- Hands-on practical work on cadavers and advanced head models designed for training for these types of procedures. Participants will have the opportunity to practice techniques on cadavers and on modern “SimSkin” simulation heads
- Live patient treatment by the trainees, with supervision by multidisciplinary faculty
Participants will review facial esthetic assessment, standardized photographic documentation, anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology of facial aging, treatment planning, detailed technique analysis, product breakdown, strategies for avoidance and management of complications, legislature and liability issues, fee compensation options, and marketing.
Module One (Online): Multidisciplinary didactics – The first 7 hours of the course will consist of online didactic material. In the weeks prior to the course, participants will be given electronic access to the teaching material created by multidisciplinary faculty, and will be expected to review this material closely. Participants will be required to take an online exam in order to demonstrate comprehension of the material, and must pass this exam in order to attend the hands-on portion of the course. The online format will allow for more time to digest and absorb the information from the comfort of your home or office.
Module Two (On-Site): Hands-on cadaver and medical models training and live patient treatment. Instructed and supervised by multidisciplinary faculty.
- Be able to provide proof of malpractice insurance
- Be registered to practice dentistry in a state that permits the use botulinum toxin and dermal fillers
- Be able to provide one patient for hands-on procedures. For any trainees who are not able to bring a patient to treat, there will be a live demonstration by one of the faculty
- Patients must be informed of all associated risks and complications and provide signed patient consent forms for treatment
- Review patient history and risk assessment particularly in relation to facial esthetics
- Review facial analysis, skin evaluation, treatment planning of facial cosmetic procedures
- Review of all pertinent anatomy and target muscles on a cadaver
- Learn techniques and principles in advanced medical models made for facial cosmetic training
- Learn photographic documentation, marketing strategies for facial cosmetic procedures
- Learn how to avoid, manage and treat possible complications
- Review of legislature and liability coverage for these procedures
- Conduct live patient treatment