HANDS-ON COURSE – CLASS SIZE LIMITED
We are proud to offer a renowned, university-based course, taught by multidisciplinary faculty, including a maxillofacial surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, dermatologic surgeon, anatomist and specialized attorney. This course includes not only live patient care, but also an innovative simulation lab session to provide comfortable practice and promote in-depth technique understanding.
Botox Training for Dentists
This two-day course is intended to fulfill the requirements of the Massachusetts BORID’s “Policy Advisory on the Use of Botulinum Toxins (Botox) and/or Dermal Fillers by Licensed Dentists” and combines interactive lectures, cadaver demonstration of relevant anatomy, hands-on practical on advanced head models designed for training on these types of procedures, and live patient treatment by the trainees, to help prepare clinicians to include these treatment options in their practice.
Participants will review facial esthetic assessment, standardized photographic documentation, anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology of facial aging and site analysis. This highly interactive course will include product analysis, strategies for avoidance and management of complications, legislature and liability issues, fee compensation options, along with how to efficiently address patient expectations.
Two Day Botox Training
- Day 1: Multidisciplinary didactics
- Day 2: Hands-on cadaver and medical models training and live patient treatment
- Be able to provide proof of malpractice insurance
- Be registered to practice dentistry in a state the permits the use botulinum toxin (botox) and dermal fillers
- Be able to provide one patient for Day 2 procedures. For any trainees who are not able to bring a patient to treat, there will be a live demonstration by one of the faculty
- Patients must be informed of all associated risks and complications.
- Be able to provide a signed patient informed consent for Botulinum Toxin (botox) and Dermal Filler treatment.
- Review patient history and risk assessment particularly in relation to facial esthetics
- Review facial analysis, skin evaluation, treatment planning of facial cosmetic procedures
- Review of all pertinent anatomy and target muscles on a cadaver
- Learn techniques and principles in advanced medical models made for facial cosmetic training
- Learn photographic documentation for facial cosmetic procedures
- Learn how to avoid, manage and treat possible complications
- Review of legislature and liability coverage for these procedures
- Live patient treatment
This course does not qualify for any tuition discounts.