Hands On Course – Class Size Limited
CONSTANTINOS LASKARIDES, D.M.D., PHARM.D. Associate Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
We are proud to offer a renowned university-based course, taught by multidisciplinary faculty (maxillofacial surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, anatomists, and specialized attorneys). This course includes not only live patient care, but also an innovative simulation lab session to provide comfortable practice and promote in-depth technique understanding.
This 14 hour course is intended to fulfill the requirements of the Massachusetts BORID’s “Policy Advisory on the Use of Botulinum Toxins (Botox) and/or Dermal Fillers by Licensed Dentists” and combines:
- Interactive lectures
- Cadaveric demonstration of relevant anatomy
- Hands-on practical on cadavers and advanced head models designed for training on these types of procedures. Participants will have the opportunity to practice injections on cadavers and on modern “SimSkin” simulation heads
- Live patient treatment by the trainees, to help prepare clinicians to include these treatment options in their practice
Participants will review facial esthetic assessment, standardized photographic documentation, anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology of facial aging and treatment planning. This highly interactive course will include detailed technique analysis, product breakdown, strategies for avoidance and management of complications, legislature and liability issues, fee compensation options and marketing.
Module One (Online):
Multidisciplinary didactics—The first 7 hours of the course will consist of online didactic material. In the weeks prior to the course, participants will be given electronic access to the teaching material created by multidisciplinary faculty, and will be expected to review this material closely. Participants will be required to take an online exam in order to demonstrate comprehension of the material, and must pass this exam in order to attend the hands-on portion of the course. The online format will allow for more time to digest and absorb the information from the comfort of your home or office.
Module Two (On-Site):
Hands-on cadaver and medical models training and live patient treatment. Multidisciplinary faculty present to instruct.
- Be able to provide proof of malpractice insurance
- Be registered to practice dentistry in a state that permits the use botulinum toxin and dermal fillers
- Be able to provide one patient for Day 2 procedures. For any trainees who are not able to bring a patient to treat, there will be a live demonstration by one of the faculty
- Patients must be informed of all associated risks and complications
- Be able to provide proof of signed patient consent for Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler treatment
- Review patient history and risk assessment particularly in relation to facial esthetics
- Review facial analysis, skin evaluation, treatment planning of facial cosmetic procedures
- Review of all pertinent anatomy and target muscles on a cadaver
- Learn techniques and principles in advanced medical models made for facial cosmetic training
- Learn photographic documentation, marketing strategies for facial cosmetic procedures
- Learn how to avoid, manage and treat possible complications
- Review of legislature and liability coverage for these procedures
- Live patient treatment
This course sponsored by: Merz Pharmaceuticals