Hands On Course – Class Size Limited
Roya Zandparsa, D.D.S., M.Sc., D.M.D. Clinical Professor, Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, Prosthodontics Division, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Do you resist making removable partial dentures?
Removable partial dentures can be a satisfying and productive part of your practice!
Removable partial dentures have been available for many years, yet to date many dental practices do not present this treatment option to their patients. This course is designed to allow the dental professional to investigate all potential treatment options prior to initiating a treatment plan and to achieve exceptional outcomes.
Participants will receive a thorough overview and an update of all the new materials, indications, limitations, laboratory considerations, designs, fabrication techniques, and treatment options. All possible obstacles and methods of troubleshooting in order to provide a successful result will be covered.
At the completion of this course participants will create predictable removable partial dentures that patients can comfortably use. The course will include modifications of many previous techniques as well as the use of dental implants, various attachments, and new technologies to support the removable prosthesis.
- Fundamentals of treatment planning and pre-prosthetic considerations
- Patient selection and managing patient expectations
- Prosthetic options based on patient needs
- Determining proper design selection
- Occlusal considerations for prosthetic designs
- Effective communication with the dental lab
- Complications and criteria for success