HANDS-ON COURSE – CLASS SIZE LIMITED
JAMES KOHNER, D.D.S., Leading expert in periodontal care; 35 years in private practice and 20 years teaching
Learn evidence-based solutions for the soft tissue challenges you face on a daily basis, and how to cover those exposed roots and predictably stop recession. In this workshop, methods are illustrated to solve those problems and enhance your restorative results. Gain peace of mind knowing the gingiva stays in place by the margins of newly placed esthetic crowns.
Participants will experience an in-depth look at the concepts and practical applications for both Free Gingival and Connective Tissue Grafts.
- Gingival Grafts create zones of attached gingiva where neither root coverage nor esthetics are factors. They provide a predictable way to stop recession from progressing.
- Connective Tissue Grafts are useful for total root coverage in cases of severe recession, especially in the maxilla where esthetics are important.
This workshop is for dentists who want to offer soft tissue grafting or learn more about enhancing esthetic restorative results. The full day workshop offers the opportunity to practice both procedures on pig jaws, as well as many case illustrations and two surgical videos of the grafting procedure.
- Diagnostic criteria for each graft
- How to gain root coverage
- To predictably stop recession, or to prevent it in the esthetic zone
- Step-by-step harvesting, placing and suturing
- Step-by-step use of specialized instruments