HANDS-ON COURSE – CLASS SIZE LIMITED
HARISH GULATI, B.D.S., D.D.S., C.A.G.S. Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Diagnosis and Health Promotion, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and private practice, Boston, MA.
Do you find the restoration of an endodontically treated tooth to be a dilemma, or a challenge? With a plethora of post systems available, it’s difficult for dentists to decide which one to use. In addition, new posts are introduced without existing systems being thoroughly evaluated. This course will review, assess and identify the pros and cons of different post systems, in terms of strength, esthetics, research and other important clinical considerations. In addition, the course will cover the fundamental principles of post and core systems and then elaborate on the reasons for having more than one system in your practice. Although ultimately the choice of a post and core system for many dentists is driven by personal preference, there are certain pitfalls to be aware of and avoid.
- Understand and experience the latest trends in a post and core system from start to finish, and the variety of systems available in the market
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of each system
- Understand the necessity for utilizing different post systems in different clinical situations
- Be able to decide to post or not to post
- Understand how to prepare a post space
- Experience the correct technique to properly lute a pre-fabricated post system after endodontic treatment
- Understand the use of various luting agents available in the market today
- Experience the latest technique and mechanism of a core built up system prior to crown preparation