Hands On Course – Class Size Limited
HARISH GULATI, B.D.S., D.M.D., C.A.G.S. Associate Professor, Department of Diagnosis and Health Promotion, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and private practice, Boston, MA.
Do you find the restoration of an endodontically treated tooth to be a dilemma, or a challenge? With a plethora of post systems available, it’s difficult for dentists to decide which one to use, in part because new posts are often introduced before prior systems have been fully evaluated. This course will review, assess and identify the pros and cons of different post systems, in terms of strength, esthetics, research and other important clinical considerations.
In addition, this course will cover the fundamental principles of adhesion within the root canal system and then elaborate on the reasons for having more than one system in your practice. Although ultimately the choice of a post and core system for many dentists is driven by personal preference, there are certain pitfalls to be aware of and avoid.
- Understand the latest trends in post and core systems, and recognize the advantages and disadvantages of each system
- Be able to decide “to post or not to post”
- Understand the effect of C- Factor in the Root Canal System
- Understand the different generation of Bonding Agents
- Practice the correct technique to properly lute a pre-fabricated post system after endodontic treatment
- Practice the latest technique of a core built up system prior to crown preparation