HANDS-ON COURSE—CLASS SIZE LIMITED TO 28
SAMER KHAYAT, D.D.S., C.A.G.S. Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry; Assistant Director of Advanced Education in Esthetic Dentistry Program, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
YONGJEONG KIM, D.D.S., D.M.D., M.SC., F.A.C.P. Associate Director, Associate Professor, Graduate and Postgraduate Prosthodontics & Advanced Education in Esthetic Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine; Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
Porcelain laminate veneers are one of the most esthetic restorations available today. This course will provide participants with the successful elements to perform this increasingly popular restoration. The intensive hands-on workshop will include step-by-step preparation and temporization of six anterior laminate veneers in the maxilla. The didactic portion of this course will emphasize case selection, mock temporization, and teeth preparation. It will also include a detailed review of the procedures for cementation of the veneers.
A list of materials and instruments required will be included in the course confirmation letter.
Upon conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand criteria of diagnosis and treatment planning
- Review color selection options
- Understand how to communicate with lab technician for esthetic results
- Understand tooth preparation designs
- Create temporization and perform final impression
- Understand various cementation and polishing techniques
- Review available ceramic materials in the current dental marketplace