Hands-on course Class Size Limited
Harish Gulati, B.D.S., D.D.S., C.A.G.S. Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Diagnosis and Health Promotion, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and private practice, Boston, MA.
Do you find that the restoration of an Endodontically treated tooth to be a dilemma or a challenge? With a plethora of post systems available, it is often difficult for a dentist to decide which system to use. This is made more difficult by the fact that new posts are introduced without the existing systems being thoroughly evaluated. This course will review and evaluate the different post systems including the main advantages and disadvantages of each system in terms of strength, esthetics, research and other important clinical considerations. In addition, the course will cover the fundamental principles of post and core systems and then elaborate on the reasons for having more than one system in your practice depending upon the patient’s needs. Although ultimately the choice of a post and core system for many dentists is driven by personal preference, there are certain pit falls to be aware of and avoid. These will also be examined in this lecture.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand a variety of post & core systems available in the market today
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of each system.
- Understand the necessity for utilizing different post systems in different clinical situations.
- Be able to decide to post or not to post.
- Understand how to prepare a post space.
- Experience the correct technique to properly lute a pre-fabricated post system after endodontic treatment.
- Understand the use of various luting agents available in the market today.
- Experience the latest technique and mechanism of a core built up system prior to getting the tooth ready for a crown preparation.
- Understand and experience the latest trends in a post and core system from start to finish.