LEOPOLDO P. CORREA, B.D.S., M.S. Associate Professor, Department of General Dentistry; Head, Dental Sleep Medicine Section of Craniofacial Pain, Headache, and Sleep Center, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine is offering an evening seminar that provides an overview of dental sleep medicine and what it means to the everyday clinician to include this treatment option in their office!
This seminar will provide participants with the core information on all elements of dental sleep medicine including classification of sleep disorders, use of various oral appliances in treatment of patients with sleep disorders, and critical elements for patient examination. Participants of this course will leave with a better understanding of treatment options for these patients, what additional training is suggested, and the business information regarding the operating cost/benefit for bringing this treatment option into your office.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key elements of sleep medicine and normal human sleep physiology
- Understand the different sleep breathing and non-breathing sleep disorders
- Evaluate the head, face, neck, and airway as they relate to sleep-disordered breathing
- Become more familiar with the latest medical and surgical treatments for sleep disorders
- Understand the use and limitations of oral appliance therapy for the management of obstructive sleep apnea