PAUL A. LEVI, JR., D.M.D. Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine EDUARDO MARCUSCHAMER, D.D.S. Instructor, Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
EDUARDO MARCUSCHAMER, D.D.S. Instructor, Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
ARNOLD WEISGOLD, D. D. S. F.A.C.D. holds faculty appointments at various universities including that of Adjunct Professor of Periodontics, University of Pennsylvania. He lectures internationally and is the author of many publications on Periodontal Prosthesis, Restorative Dentistry, Esthetics, Implant Prosthodontics, and Occlusion.
This course will examine the unique features that impact the esthetic and gingival management of the anterior implant restoration and what is meant by successful. The course will include a discussion of treatment planning utilizing an understanding of the impact of the periodontal biotype. Sulcular form, ridge morphology, embrasure considerations as well as the mesio-distal, facio-lingual and apical positioning of the fixture will be addressed. In this context, implant to implant, implant to natural tooth and implant to pontic will be analyzed. The esthetic requirements of anterior restorations will be discussed in depth.
Included in the presentation will be smile analysis, the unique esthetic demands of the mandibular anterior teeth, elevations, depressions, rotations of teeth and patient vs. dentist perceptions and expectations. In addition, there will be a presentation of the sequence of therapy and many examples of how to perform surgical therapy to achieve the optimal esthetic results.
Upon course completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by “success” and who decides
- Recognize the anatomical features guiding the successful restoration of an implant supported
- prosthesis in the esthetic zone
- Know how to achieve maximum esthetics and pitfalls to avoid
- Perform examination and treatment planning for the anterior implant supported prosthesis
- Understand bony and soft tissue procedures to help achieve optimal esthetics for the implant supported anterior prosthesis.
- Know when to retain or to extract and who decides.