Hands-On Limited Attendance
Hans-Peter Weber, D.M.D., Dr. Med. Dent. Professor and Chair, Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Ali Muftu, D.M.D. Professor, Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
How often to you have your denture patients complaining of their denture fit and their need for constant realignment to be able to wear them comfortably? Creating stable denture support with dental implants has become a standard of care, especially in mandibular indications. In contrast to this major benefit offered with implant supported overdentures, it is well known that removable prostheses in general –tooth or implant supported – exhibit the highest incidence of technical complications of any type dental prosthesis over time. Challenges can vary from simple functional concerns, frequently caused by wear of retentive components, to larger issues such as occlusion issues and overdenture fractures to unmatched patient expectations. The course will cover patient case selection, treatment planning, surgical and prosthetic techniques involved in providing implant overdenture care. A variety of treatment options and prosthesis designs will be described including conventional and CAD/CAM milled bars, solder free bars, ball anchors and Locator® attachments.
Many clinical cases will be shown in a step-by-step simplified approach to provide final prostheses that meet patients’ expectations from both esthetic and functional perspectives. This course has been designed principally for general dentists and dental technicians either involved with implant overdentures or wanting to incorporate implant overdentures into their practice.
Hands-on exercises will allow participants to familiarize themselves with the various implant/prosthetic components with prosthetic training kits.
• Implant Impression Technique
• Denture Retrofitting with Implant Attachments
After completing the course, participants will be able to
- Understand of various treatment options with an implant overdentures
- Understand the important of
- appropriate indication specific occlusal designs
- Review current available attachments in the dental marketplace and indications for use
- Understand the sequencing options for implant overdentures for an esthetic outcome
- Discussion of patient requirements for implant supported overdentures maintenance
- Review of possible complications during the surgical and/or restorative procedures