Volunteer Responsibilities & Expectations
- Lead by example by making annual gifts to the Dental Fund at the Dean’s Inner Circle level.
- Participate in four phoning sessions a year.
- Solicit specific individuals from home/office.
- Serve as a member of your class’ Reunion Committee in the applicable years.
- Encourage fellow alumni to become involved members of the Tufts Dental family.
- Provide feedback to the school.
Term of Service
The M Club Executive Committee member serves a five year term. It is possible to renew your membership for another term.
Alumni, who annually contribute to the Dental Fund or have served as a Reunion Co-Chair, have the opportunity to play a critical role at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine through involvement in the Dental M Club Executive Committee. Volunteering through this initiative gives the alumna/us an opportunity to connect with fellow alumni, faculty, parents and friends in an effort to meet the fundraising goals of Tufts Dental Fund each year.
In the 2009-2010 fiscal year, almost $1.4 million was raised through the Dental Fund – the M Club Committee was responsible for almost half of that total! Committee members raise funds with an aim to increase leadership level gifts and participation while helping the school define the case for support through annual gifts to the Dental Fund.
- Respond to committee’s needs as quickly as possible.
- Schedule phoning sessions and coordinate attendance.
- Organize phoning materials, calling assignments and perform appropriate follow up.
- Assist in identifying alumni to engage in work.
- Provide solicitation tools and progress reports as well as information and data about alumni participating in the Tufts Dental Fund.