1. Request complimentary biopsy kits and pre-paid FedEx envelopes whichever way is most convenient for you:
- call TOPS at 617-636-6510 or toll-free at 866-670-TOPS (8677)
- email us at TOPS@tufts.edu
- send a request through our website
- send a request by fax to 617-636-6780
2. Send your biopsy and cytology specimens via our FedEx service. We provide soft and hard tissue analysis following:
- gross examination and decalcification
- processing of conventional biopsy specimens and liquid-based cytology smears
- routine hematoxylin and eosin stains
- special studies, when indicated, including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, and/or in situ hybridization
3. Within 24 hours, receive your detailed, pathology report via fax and/or mail. This report includes photomicrographic imaging, gross and microscopic descriptions, final diagnosis, and corresponding current ICD codes for insurance claims.
We will contact you to discuss challenging diagnoses and their implications on patient management.
We offer consultative opinions on clinical photographic or radiographic interpretation, including options for management of oral disease. These services are complimentary for our regular biopsy service clients.
We are happy to see in our clinical practice at Tufts University on the 6th floor of the School of Dental Medicine. Please call 617-636-3932 for an appointment.