The Student Professionalism and Ethics Association in Dentistry is a national, student driven association that was established to promote and support a student’s lifelong commitment to ethical behavior in order to benefit the patients they serve and further the dental profession.
The objectives of the Association include:
- Acting as a support system for students in strengthening their personal and professional ethics values by:
- Providing a resource for ethics education and development
- Fostering a non-punitive, open-forum environment for ethics communication
- Promoting awareness of ethics standards and related issues within dentistry
- Collaborating with leadership of the dental profession to effectively advocate for our members
Tufts SPEA Faculty Advisors: Dr. James Michael Hall and Dr. Michael Kahn
Chapter President: Stephen Cagliostro
Chapter Vice-President: Erin Gilmore
Chapter Treasurer: Ian Kaemmer
Chapter Secretary: Kerry Kerwar
Members of the chapter are encouraged to attend monthly meetings and get involved in the thought and discussion of ethics dilemmas. Members have the opportunity to present their own ethical situations to assess the response of the group. Members also have the opportunity to get involved in leadership of the group on local, regional and national levels.