The Staff Advisory Committee (SAC) is dedicated to liaising between Tufts University School of Dental Medicine staff, faculty and senior leadership by serving as a resource and advocate for the diverse staff population. The SAC seeks to provide both an open line of communication for staff concerns as well as a constructive and unified voice in proposed policy changes. The SAC works collaboratively in addressing staff professional development and employee recognition as well as partners with school leadership to identify and implement ideas to foster an engaged and positive community between floors and across departments. The SAC aligns with the mission of both the University and Dental School in embracing a compassionate, fulfilling, and educational community.
In the spring of 2014 Dean Huw Thomas and the Human Resources Office announced an initiative to create a Staff Advisory Council which would serve as a representative voice for staff members at the School of Dental Medicine as well as communicate directly to the Dean and senior leadership. The SAC also works collaboratively with the Faculty Advisory Council.
Employee Growth and Development
Tufts University is committed to the personal and professional growth of all their employees. The universities (SAC) Staff Advisory Council have created a comprehensive list highlighting many of the resources and opportunities available.
The SAC is comprised of staff members from various departments at the School of Dental Medicine and were selected by a campus-wide ballot vote. Current members are:
- Paula Callahan, Clinic Materials
- Patti Casey, Clinic Materials
- Patricia DiAngelis, Comprehensive Care
- Katie Dunn, Research Administration
- Brian Fitzpatrick, Clinic Business Office
- Rosemary Hilliard, Office of Financial Aid
- Sean Hopkins, Academic Affairs
- Merlene James-Harris, Clinic Operations
- Joseph LeFrancois, Public Health and Community Service
- Thomas Lloyd, Clinic Operations, Co-Chair
- Jennipher Murphy, Academic Affairs
- Paula O’Brien, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Katherine Vosker, Student Affairs, Chair
- Odessa Washington, Clinic Operations
Please use this form to recognize a fellow staff member who has gone above and beyond in their work, or who you have witnessed helping out a fellow staff member or another member of the TUSDM community. This recognition will then be shared in the monthly email from the SAC to the staff community.
We welcome staff feedback and suggestions sent to SAC@tufts.edu. You can also submit feedback anonymously using the form below. Please share with us your concerns, suggestions, and feedback. We want to hear from all members of the Tufts Dental Staff community so that we can best serve you.